Monday, April 23, 2012

Our New Home

Last time I posted we were well on our way to start moving into our new home. Unfortunately things never work out how you plan. Our papers that went to the Rural Housing Department were 12 days late! so for almost a week and a half we were stuck living in a motel trying not to go crazy. All of our belongings were stuck in garages, horse trailers, dump trailers, pretty much anywhere we could possible stuff it. It was a nightmare to say the least. Well we finally moved into our house which brought more disasters. The previous owners had failed to clean the house and went so far as to shut off the power while leaving their food in their fridge. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. Luckily I have the best family in the world because I was able to call them and they came down and all helped me organize and clean for a day which helped out immensely. Each day now we are still finding things that need fixed or replaced. It's true what they say about houses being money pits. If I had to choose though between living in a house or an apartment I would definitely go with the house.  For the most part we do love it and it is  a work in progress. The good part is it gives us an excuse to spend time together fixing up our new home which is the part I like since we never see each other. Hopefully someday we can look back on this and just laugh and being able to see our hard work pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment